FREQUENTLY ASKED DAYCARE QUESTIONS:
- How do I enroll my dog in daycare? Your first step is always to call our office to check availability for which ever service you would like to use. Before bringing your pet to our facility, an information packet must be filled out completely. You can find one online at the very bottom of this website or you may pick one up in the office. This packet is quite lengthy, but very important for us to provide the best possible care for your pet. We also need a copy of your pet’s vaccines showing current Rabies, Distemper/Parvo and Bordatella dates.
- Is there a discount if I have more than 1 dog? No. Every dog takes a “spot” in a group and requires the same amount of care whether they are siblings or not.
- Does my dog have to be spayed or neutered? All male dogs over the age of 6 months must be neutered to participate in group play.
- Do you allow Pitbulls? Absolutely. We allow any and all breeds at Bunk and Biscuit. Each dog is evaluated the same way for group play.
- Can I pick my dog up later than 6pm? Yes. As long as you have prepaid for the day, you are welcome to pick your daycare dog up as late as 8:30pm. We do ask that you let us know ahead of time, so we can plan for the day.
- How trained are your employees that are with my dog? All of our techs are trained on dog body language and behavior upon being hired into our facility. Our techs are certified in dog evaluations through the Dog Gurus. We continually educate employees at monthly staff meetings through the teaching of the Dog Gurus and other industry leaders.
- How do you know which dogs to put my dog with? Quite simply, they tell us! We separate dogs by size and temperament. All of our techs are trained in dog body language and dog evaluations. We can watch a dog’s initial reactions to our facility, staff and surrounding dogs and know pretty quickly where they will feel most comfortable. As a new dog opens up throughout the day and in future visits, sometimes they change to different groups. We allow the dogs into the groups they feel the most comfortable and where they will be safest.
- My dog came home sore and very tired. What happened? The dogs at Bunk and Biscuit get a lot of exercise, both of the body and of the mind. Their paws may not be used to the surfaces in the play runs that are quite different than the carpet and grass they’re probably used to at home. We also work on positive reinforcement and manners with our dogs all throughout the day, so they are just as mentally tired as they are physically tired when they go home. The more a dog visits, their body adjusts to the new activity.
A quiet place to stay and play