FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT BOARDING:
- What do I need to do to bring my dog to Bunk and Biscuit? Your first step is always to call our office to check availability for which ever service you would like to use. Before bringing your pet to our facility, an information packet must be filled out completely. You can find one online at the very bottom of this website or you may pick one up in the office. This packet is quite lengthy, but very important for us to provide the best possible care for your pet. We also need a copy of your pet’s vaccines showing current Rabies, Distemper/Parvo and Bordatella dates before bringing your pet into the facility.
- What do I need to bring in with my dog? Quite frankly, we just need your dog! Bunk and Biscuit is an all-inclusive resort. We provide over 20 different brands of dog food at no additional cost. (If your pet is on a special diet, please bring that food with him/her.) We have bedding for every dog, toys (both stuffed and indestructible depending on your dog’s needs), treats, bowls (raised feeders and slow feeders also) and even jackets or sweaters for the winter time. We also have leads, leashes, collars and harnesses for dogs going on nature walks or moving from one building to another.
- How often does my dog get to leave their suite? Our boarding friends go outside every 2 hours for potty breaks beginning at 7am and ending at 9pm each and every day (even Christmas)! They also get three separate play times lasting approximately an hour each (depending on the weather and the dog’s preference). The dogs rule at Bunk and Biscuit. We schedule our days around making them as happy as possible!
- Are you going to let my small Chihuahua play with the large Goldendoodle? All of our play groups are separated by size and temperament. Small dogs will play with dogs of the same size and temperament. There are a few larger dogs who do best with small dogs and vice versa. We would never place a dog in a group where they would be in any type of danger. Safety is our top priority.
- When do I have to pick my dog up? We prefer all boarding dogs are picked up by 12pm the day of departure just like a hotel. You are welcome to pick up as late as 6pm Monday through Friday, but you will be charged for the day if a dog is picked up after 3pm. Saturdays we are open from 7am to 12pm for pick up. On Sundays, we are open from 4pm to 6pm for pick-up. You are always charged for Sunday.
- My female dog may be in going in to heat. Is that ok? No. We do not allow in season female dogs in our facility.
- My dog is on medication? Will you administer that? Is there an additional charge? We will absolutely administer any kind of medication needed including insulin shots. There is no additional charge for this.
- My dog came home sore and very tired. What happened? When boarding at Bunk and Biscuit, your dog gets a lot of exercise! Even the couch potatoes go outside every two hours and participate in 3 separate hour long “play times” as well (weather permitting). Quite frankly, many dogs just aren’t used to this. Their paws may not be used to the different surfaces throughout our play yards. Their muscles may be sore and they will be mentally tired as well. The more your dog visits, the more their body becomes accustomed to this.
A quiet place to stay and play